Jessica L. Nelson
Jessica L. Nelson is an inspired attorney and loves the intersection of law and finance — understanding multifaceted financial issues are at the forefront of her professional skill set. Jessica analyzes financial statements and accounts to ensure a fair and equitable financial result is reached in the divorce cases she handles, with sensitivity to the legal and emotional implications of the process. For many years, Jessica has made herself indispensable as she works side by side with partner, Molshree.
Jessica works diligently to keep the lines of communication open with her clients and believes the highest level of service and representation can be achieved through collaboration and connection with resources throughout the entire firm. She handles all aspects of litigation for cases involving divorce, allocation of parenting time and responsibilities, child support and other family law-related issues. She is an exceptional negotiator and has successfully resolved complex financial motions in court, often on an emergent basis. When it comes to matters involving children, Jessica is well-versed in interacting with child custody experts; litigating in the best interest of the child; and advocating the jurisdictional issues intrinsic in international disputes arising under the Hague Convention on the Civil Aspects of International Child Abduction.
Jessica was born and raised in the southwest suburbs of Chicago.
- Divorce, Family Law, Child Custody, Child Support, Tax-Related Issues, Complex Financial Settlements
- Loyola University Law School, J.D., Tax Certificate, 2013
- Butler University, B.A., magna cum laude, 2010
Community and Organizations
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Chicago Bar Association
- 2019 – 2021: President, Young Professionals Board, Deborah’s Place, the largest women’s shelter in Chicago that works to alleviate homelessness for women