Angela M. Buttitta
117 S. Cook Street
Barrington, Illinois 60010
Angela M. Buttitta joined the predecessor law firm to Birnbaum, Gelfman, Sharma & Arnoux, LLC in 2013 as a partner in the law firm’s main office in Chicago. In 2021, she opened a new branch office of the firm located in the Cook County suburbs of Barrington. For more than 17 years, Angela has focused on family law and other related areas of law.
Leading Lawyers, a division of Law Bulletin Media, has recognized Angela as an Illinois Leading Lawyer in the field of family law based on the results of its statewide surveys. The honor is reserved for fewer than 5 percent of all Illinois attorneys. She was also named among the top Illinois lawyers by two peer rating services. Chicago Magazine and Illinois Super Lawyers selected her as an Illinois Super Lawyer, a designation reserved for only 5 percent of all Illinois lawyers. And, in 2015, Illinois’ Leading Lawyers nominated Angela for the inaugural list of Emerging Lawyers, a distinction limited to less than 2 percent of the state’s attorneys. The American Institute of Family Law Attorneys also named Angela to its exclusive 2016 list of the “10 Best” Attorneys for Illinois for Client Satisfaction in the practice area of family law. Previously, from 2010 through 2016, Angela was named an Illinois Rising Star, a distinction reserved for only 2.5 percent of all Illinois lawyers age 40 and under.
In addition to classic divorce litigation dealing with financial matters, Angela actively represents clients in child custody disputes and paternity cases. She also assists both buyers and sellers in residential real estate closings and transactions. She is a licensed Illinois Real Estate Managing Broker.
As an alternative to litigation and to facilitate amicable resolutions, Angela frequently counsels clients in the pursuit of premarital, postnuptial, joint custody and divorce settlement agreements.
She is qualified to handle a variety of difficult matters and relishes unique cases that require an innovative strategy and a bold approach. She seeks to find a positive resolution to any dilemma and works aggressively on behalf of her clients. Currently, she practices family law and real estate law in Cook, DuPage, Kane, Lake and McHenry counties.
Angela hails from a family of attorneys, including a sister and brother who actively practice in Illinois. In the words of her brother, Dominic, Angela takes pride in resolving matters completely – a “closer” in both business and in life.
- Leading Lawyer, less than 5 percent of licensed Illinois attorneys, recognized by Law Bulletin Media’s Leading Lawyers division and Leading Lawyers Magazine, 2017-present
- Super Lawyer, less than 5 percent of licensed Illinois attorneys, recognized by Chicago Magazine and Illinois Super Lawyers Magazine, 2017-present
- Emerging Lawyer (top lawyers age 40 and younger, less than 2 percent of licensed Illinois attorneys), Law Bulletin Media and Emerging Lawyers Magazine, 2015-2017
- “10 Best” Attorneys for Illinois for Client Satisfaction in the practice of Family Law, American Institute of Family Law Attorneys, 2016
- Rising Star (top lawyers age 40 and younger, up to 2.5 percent of licensed Illinois attorneys), Chicago Magazine and Illinois Super Lawyers Magazine, 2010-2016
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Chicago Bar Association
- The Chicago Bar Foundation, Life Fellow
- DuPage County Bar Association
- Justinian Society of Lawyers
- Northwest Executive Club of Chicago
- Buttitta Law Group, LLC, Barrington, Illinois
- Nadler, Pritikin & Mirabelli, LLC, Chicago, Illinois
- John Marshall Law School, J.D., 2002
- Miami University (Oxford, Ohio), B.S., Accounting, 1999
- Bar of the Illinois Supreme Court, 2005
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois, 2005
- District of Columbia Court of Appeals, 2006