Molshree A. Sharma
Molshree “Molly” A. Sharma is a savvy, accessible, aggressive, and sensitive advocate for her clients facing the challenges of divorce and post -divorce. Her expertise is working with business owners, professionals such as doctors, lawyers, athletes and/or individuals of high net worth who are grappling with the complex financial implications of ending their marriage. She handles matters that require high-level financial experience with assets in real estate, investment accounts, business valuations, tax and retirement benefits. Molly works with her clients to develop successful strategies to resolve their case, which includes interacting with professionals who work with the client before and after divorce. Molly has received the Crains Notable Woman Lawyers Award, Leading Lawyers, and Super Lawyers. Ms. Sharma is a Fellow of the prestigious invitation-only International Academy of Family Law Attorneys. Additionally, she has extensive expertise in international family law. She has lectured around the world and published widely. She has an exceptional understanding of enrolling foreign judgments, protection of international incomes and assets as well as multi-jurisdiction custody disputes and Hague Convention cases and is considered the “go-to” attorney when these issues arise.
- Complex, High-profile Family Law Matters
Languages other than English
- Chicago-Kent College of Law, IIT, J.D.
- Crain’s Chicago Notable Gen X Leaders in Law 2022
- Crain’s Chicago Notable Minority Lawyers, 2019, 2020
- Crain’s Chicago Notable Women Lawyers, 2018, 2020, 2022
- Leading Lawyer, 2013; 2015–2023
- Rising Star Illinois Super Lawyer, 2013; 2016–2018
- Emerging Women Lawyers, 2017 & 2018
- Top Women Attorneys of Illinois Award 2016
- Chicago Volunteer Legal Services Distinguished Service Award, 2012
- Chicago Bar Association Award, 2011
- Cook County Department of Corrections Volunteer Award, 2010
- Golan v. Saada: Protecting Domestic Abuse Survivors in International Child Custody Disputes, Family Law Quarterly 2022 – 2023, published by the ABA
- Hindu Marriage & Divorce: Issues that Affect Dissolution Matters in the United States, ABA Journal, 2019
- All Over the Map, Illinois Bar Journal, 2018.
- International Child Custody & the Hague Convention, Family Lawyer Magazine, 2018.
- Maintenance and Cohabitation, Family Lawyer Magazine, 2017.
- Inter-country Child Abduction – Indian Legal Response, Private International Law, 2017
- The Second Time Around: The Legal Implications of Marriage versus Cohabitation, ABA Section of Family Law – Family Advocate, 2017.
- Affidavits of Support: Another Option for Divorcing Immigrant Spouses, Illinois Bar Journal, 2015.
- Managing Key Issues in Today’s Family Law Cases, Thompson Reuters Aspatore, 2015.
- A chapter in the “Inside the Minds, Strategies in Family Law in Illinois series, 2015
- Support Awards for Adult Disabled Children in Illinois, Illinois Bar Journal, 2012
Community and Organizations
- Member of The Economic Club of Chicago, 2021
- Fellow of International Academy of Family Law Attorneys, 2019–Present
- Organize conferences in India, 2017–Present, and Ethiopia, 2016
- Hague Convention on Civil Aspects of Child Abduction International Family Law, Brazil, 2017
- Chair of Cyriac Kappil CVLS Pro Bono Clinic – Indo American Center at Devon and California (Servicing Immigrant Communities), 2010–2011
- Indian American Bar Association, Co-Vice President for Pro Bono activities, 2010–2011
- Asian American Bar Association, Member
- Chicago Bar Association, Member
- Illinois Bar Association, Member
- Women’s Bar Association, Member
Lectures and Conferences
- Speaker at ISFL Antwerp World Conference July 2023
- Speaker at ISFL Israel Regional Conference – Children’s Rights and Interests, December 2019
- Family Conference at the University of Westminster in London, July 2019
- Lectured at the 7th Journal of Private International Law Journal Conference in Brazil, August 2017
- Panelist and Expert on the Hague Convention on Child Abduction and Protection
- Panelist at Conference in New Delhi, India on the Hague Convention on Child Custody
- Lectured on Private International Law with a Focus on International Family Law
- Lectured at the US Ambassador’s home in India
- Speaker at the Gender, Inclusivity and Protecting the 21st Century